Georgia State University (Atlanta) programs
13. 2. 2019 -
Georgia State University (Atlanta) programs available to students at Mendel University: Summer Institute (one month in July) and I-Speed (2 weeks in late July).
Summer Institute is a month-long academic (for-credit) program held in July. Students come with F1 student visa. We do not require a TOEFL score to be admitted to this program. Official English language evaluations by students’ home institution will be accepted. Alternatively, we can do the evaluations via Skype or WeChat to determine students’ English proficiency levels for placement.
- Dates: June 30 – August 1, 2019
- Courses: https://international.gsu.edu/summerinstitute/courses/ (all students take two courses: one field-specific course, one English course. Students with high English proficiency may take two field-specific courses.)
- Additional topics may be offered based on interest and number of students.
- Program Application: https://undergradapply.gsu.edu/apply/?sr=fc1b7fee-2b76-4082-b2a1-0269d10cf715
- Scholarship Application: https://international.gsu.edu/summerinstitute/summer-institute-scholarship/
- Application deadline: March 30, 2019
- As part of the Summer Institute, visiting students are paired with Georgia State student buddies for language practice and friendship.
- Price: $4,900 (includes in-state tuition/fees for 6 credits, housing, flexible meal plan, insurance, local transportation, and excursions).
- More information: gsu.edu/summerinstitute; flyer and draft calendar attached
- Video: https://vimeo.com/303330330
I-Speed is a shorter-length, non-credit program in the latter half of July. Students come with B1 or B2 business visa.
- Dates: July 18 – August 1, 2019
- Program Application: https://international.gsu.edu/students-and-scholars/ispeed/apply/
- Application deadline: May 1, 2019
- Lecture/Workshop Topics: Street Art, The Science of Learning, Intercultural Communication, Contemporary Social Issues.
o Additional topics may be offered based on interest and number of students.
- As part of the I-Speed, visiting students are paired with Georgia State student buddies for language practice and friendship.
- Price: $1,950 (includes program fee, housing, flexible meal plan, and cultural excursions, including a Florida trip.)
- More information: http://international.gsu.edu/students-and-scholars/ispeed/; flyer and draft calendar attached
- Video: https://vimeo.com/307081280
We will be very pleased to host a faculty/staff chaperone (excluding airfare) for incoming groups of 10+ student participants. We will cover housing, flexible meal plan, local transportation, and excursions for the chaperone. Alternatively, we can give a $200 discount to each student for incoming groups of 10+ student participants.