Educational Change in Times of Rapid Technological Innovation
12. 10. 2021 -
University of Tartu
Deadline: 17 October, 2021
Online: 1 November - 3 December 2021
Educational Change in Times of Rapid Technological Innovation is an intensive online course designed to provide an opportunity for learners to examine the development of technology-enhanced teaching and learning. Furthermore, stimulate conversations to re-imagine teaching as well as learning in times of the digital transformation. The e-course aims to empower people to re-imagine modern teaching practic
Module 1: Meaningful technology use in education
Challenge: How can we engage digital technologies in meaningful ways?
- Educational video
- Video as a tool for reflection
- Collaborative video annotation.
Module 2: Pedagogy in the XXI Century
Challenge: How can pedagogy respond to the ongoing digital transformations in society?
- Digital pedagogy
- Digital literacy
- Collaborative learning.
In addition to webinars, group-works and individual assignments under the guidance of our best professors, the summer university course will be completed by a round table conversation with a educational technologists. The roundtable will provide the opportunity for the students to see how educational technology is incorporated in concrete educational settings.
Dedaline Octobe 17, 2021
Admission to Educational Change in Times of Rapid Technological Innovation
- Online application form
- Video clip (max 5 min)
- Transcript of academic records
PS: Only complete applications including all annexes submitted by the deadline will be considered for selection.
Applications are evaluated based on
Video clip (max 5 min)
The video clip is the opportunity for the applicant to provide an overall explanation as to why she/he wants to be part of the summer programme. The applicants can use the following questions:
- What are the major challenges that education is currently facing? What is the role of educational technology in addressing those challenges?
- What is the role that technology actually has in the applicant’s teaching practice?
- How can participation in the summer programme contribute to the applicant’s professional development?
- teacher training students with practical classroom teaching experience;
- in-service teachers and pre-service teachers with practical classroom experience;
- lecturers (of teacher training);
- professional trainers and pedagogues: museum and science centre educators, etc.
- other students or practitioners belonging to other disciplinary backgrounds who are interested in technology and education.
More ifnormtion can be found here: https://www.ut.ee/en/studies/educational-change-times-rapid-technological-innovation.