Support long-term Ph.D. traineeships
The aim of the programme is to support international mobility of MENDELU doctoral students leading to the enhancement of quality of the educational process and academic and research competence of doctoral students. Long-term traineeship is defined as a stay abroad where the student works to develop his/her practical skills related to the field of study and the Ph.D. thesis, typically lasting one semester.
No scholarships are currently being announced for 2022. The collection of applications is temporarily suspended due to limited funds! Students can only travel as a so-called zero grant without financial support from OMVI.
- The scholarship is intended for independent research work in scientific workplaces with supervisors who professionally contribute to the student´s improvement, not for the collection of essential data for he dissertation.
- Traineeships will take place primarily at research institutes and universities, preferably those which are parties to bilateral agreements concluded by MENDELU. In justified cases, the traineeship may take place at non-academic institutions and private companies.
- Preferred will be traineeships that cannot be funded from other sources such as Erasmus+, Ceepus etc.
- Minimun leght of the internship is 30 days.
- The scholarship amount depends on the length, place of the stay and on the expected monthly living costs and travel expenses of a return journey to the place of the traineeship and is limited to a maximum amount of 100,000 CZK, travel expenses included. If a student goes to mobility within the given study program more times, the individual scholarships are added up, while their sum may not exceed the already mentioned amount of 100 thousand CZK. Each doctoral student is entitled to only one scholarship in the calendar year.
- The application may not be filed by an individual whose previous MENDELU mobility participation was unsuccessful or by a student who has a financial liability towards MENDELU.
- In case there will be still sufficient funds available application can be submitted also outside of the official call.
- No scholarships are currently being announced for 2022. The collection of applications is temporarily suspended due to limited funds! Students can only travel as a so-called zero grant without financial support from OMVI.
- The complete application form with all the required documents is to be submitted to the international office of each faculty:
- The applicants shall be informed about the decision about the scholarship within 15 days after the Vice-Rector’s decision.
- The mobility has to start in November at the latest.
- Training Agreement
- Letter of Acceptance from the receiving institution with dates of beginning and end of the study at the university abroad.
- Enter the Travel Proposal into the UIS (eAgenda - Trips abroad; please consult the faculty - instructions in English can be downloaded here).
- Insurance for the period abroad (including travel). The student is obliged to buy insurance for the entire stay abroad (including the days spent travelling from and back to the Czech Republic) under the general agreement of Mendel University prior to departure in accordance with Directive No. 4/2006, on provision of travel expense reimbursement and assignment of business trips abroad (all information is available here). Based on your travel proposal you can pay insurance online: students´s portal, financing of your study.
- Check/enter your bank account number in CZK into the UIS.
In case the student is accepted by the foreign university, he/she shall sign the Financial Agreement at the IRO prior to the departure, in which MENDELU undertakes to pay the awarded amount of scholarship. Before signing the Financial Agreement and payment of the scholarship, the student shall arrange an appointment at the IRO app. 2-3 weeks before departure and fulfill the following requirements:
- Deliver the following documents:
- Insurance payment confirmation - can be downloaded in pdf from UIS
- Training Agreement
- Letter of Acceptance
- Check whether the mobility has been entered into the UIS. The internship abroad is entered by the International Relations Office of the relevant faculty (based on Acceptance Letter)
- Upload Letter of Acceptance, Traning Agreement and Insurance payment confirmation into a checklist in the UIS
Upon the return from abroad, the student is obliged to:
- submit to the IRO a Certificate confirming the traineeship period and achieved results/evaluation from the partner university with dates of beginning and end of the study abroad. Original goes to the university IRO, copy to the Faculty.
- fill in a Final Report in the UIS and upload missing documents into the checklist
Should the student fail to complete the study, to pass the prescribed number of exams or to meet other terms set out in the Financial Agreement, MENDELU may claim the refund of a part or the whole scholarship.
Programme at MENDELU is run by IRO REC.
Phone: +420 545 135 150
Office: N2080 (building A, 1st floor on the left)