Support short-term Ph.D. mobilities within EU - conference scholarship
The aim of the programme is to support international mobility of MENDELU doctoral students and their participation on conferences and research symposium. Furthermore, it should contribute to better results within doctoral students´ research and increase the quality of education process. It will help to interconnect the students with the research community and increase awareness about our university abroad.
- The scholarship program is announced in April, in the event that the allocated funds are not used up, it is possible to apply on the basis of "first come, first served" - but not later than 30 November of the relevant calendar year. The mobility has to start in November at the latest.
- The scholarship programme is awarded only in case of active participation on a conference or a research symposium upon confirmation of the accepted conference abstract.
- The scholarship amount is to cover the full amount of the registration fee at a European Research Conference, other costs are to be covered by the student, eventually by the relevant department.
- The scholarship is granted on the basis of individual assessment of each application which shall include:
- basic information about the applicant (first name and surname, year of enrolment, current field of study, ID No.);
- dates and purpose of the stay, title of the event, abstract;
- reasoning of application, relevance of mobility in the context of study and in the context of Ph.D. thesis, expected assets of mobility in the context of university/faculty/department.
- confirmation of expert supervision, issued by a member of faculty (typically the head of department, Ph.D. thesis supervisor);
- confirmation of the attendance at the conference/ symposium (accepted abstract, accepted attendance etc.) (this documents is required to submit together with the application)
- information about co-funding the traineeship from other sources, its amount, including details about applying for such co-funding and the result.
- The complete application must be handed over to the international relations officers of their faculties. The applicants shall be informed about the decision about the approved grant or rejection of the scholarship within 15 days of the Vice-Rector’s decision.
- The application may not be filed by an individual whose previous MENDELU mobility participation was unsuccessful or by a student who has a financial liability toward MENDELU. There is no automatic entitlement to the scholarship and the decision on its provision shall be at the sole discretion of the Vice-Rector for international relations and internationalization.
- The process of administration of the stay of the successful application is similar to long-term stays: the student needs to submit Travel Proposal in UIS, pay for the insurance and sign the Financial Agreement before departure (2-3 weeks before the departure the latest).
- A report of the stay shall be prepared and shall be submitted to the supervisor, officers at the faculty and IRO. The report must be submitted no later than 15 days after the end of the traineeship. In case the report is not approved MENDELU will acknowledge student.
Programme at MENDELU is run by IRO REC.
Phone: +420 545 135 150
Office: N2080 (building A, 1st floor on the left)