a) When does it take place?
You can apply for the traineeship anytime during the academic year. First step is to find the suitable organization and agree with them on the terms of traineeship. Only after you will receive your Letter of Acceptance, you can fill in the application in UIS.
b) What do I have to do if I wish to leave for a traineeship?
- find a suitable organization abroad,
- contact the international relations officer of your faculty and ask about the selection of the organization and other possibilities, conditions and dates of the selection procedure; for contacts see List of international relations officers at faculties
- meet the qualification prerequisites for a traineeship,
- carefully consider the selection of the organization abroad,
- file an application in UIS and upload other required documents including the acceptance letter.
Please note! The dates of the traineeship stated in the application form and the acceptance letter are binding and change is possible only if the student submits the Traineeship Agreement with the new dates approved by all the three parties to the officer of the Rectorate Department of International Relations and Internationalization in charge of Erasmus+ traineeships before the original date of the traineeship beginning. If this condition is not met, the traineeship shall be cancelled and shall not take place.
c) How to choose a traineeship provider?
The student is responsible for the selection of the receiving organization and for practical arrangements concerning the traineeship.
- The receiving organization may be any public or private organization operating on the labour market or in the area of education, professional training or youth (public or private enterprise, public entity on the local, regional or national level, professional association, business union, research institute, foundation, non-profit organization, institute or educational centre etc.).
- Unauthorised organizations, in which traineeships must not take place:
- organizations administering EU programmes (potential conflict of interests and/or double funding, e.g. national agencies). Students and recent graduates are not allowed to be involved in projects financed by other EU programmes during their traineeships.
If you have not found the traineeship provider, see:
- Database of international mobilities in the UIS:
Public information portal → Further information about MENDELU → Study information → Reports about the abroad placements
!!! Switch over to Work placement or Graduate work placements in the database!!!
- Current offer of Erasmus+ traineeships on our website
- Other portals where you can find the traineeship or publish your CV, such as:
Or attend Erasmus+ Days organised by the Department of International Relations and Internationalization and the International Student Club always in November.
Mobilities to the country of the trainee's origin have the lowest priority and mobilities to the country of the current stay are not possible at all!
d) selection procedure mechanism
The participant to the selection procedure chooses and enters into the application the language in which he/she will take the exam on the basis of his/her choice of the main working language of the traineeship.
Applicants who do not present themselves at the language exam shall be excluded from further procedure. Applicants who fail to obtain the required number of points and thus recommendation for a traineeship abroad shall be excluded, too.
After taking the language exam and obtaining points on the basis of other criteria, the applicants shall be ranked according to the total number of points, which shall serve as the criterion for provision of financial aid toward the traineeship. Students who have not carried out their obligatory traineeship yet will be given priority.
|System of points||points|
|Study results (average)||Maximum: 30 points|
|Language skills||Maximum: 30 points|
Motivation and selection of the relevant organization
in accordance with the field of study
|Maximum: 30 points|
|Participation in Buddy System and activity in ISC MENDELU||10 points|
|Maximum for an application:||100 points|
How to apply?
Submit the application in UIS together with the acceptance letter from the traineeship provider at the International Relations Office of your faculty.
The application is available here: https://is.mendelu.cz/auth/kc/kc.pl?;formular=28;centrum=61;zalozka=novy;podzalozka=hledam_reseni
The language test in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian consists of a written part (paper version) and a short oral test (level B2). Please come in time and bring an identification document (identity card or student's record book) for the test. No aids except writing materials are permitted; the mobile phone shall be switched off and placed in the bag.
Fill in the data in the heading and read instructions to test questions. The written part consists of 40 partial tasks (each task is given 0.5 point) divided into several types of activities using various testing methods (answer selected from a menu, semi-open answer, created answer, transformation of information, matching, supplementing, completion of text etc.) on the intermediate language level. The total number of points for the written part is 20.
The following areas are tested:
- reading with understanding
- language functions, i.e. use of the language for completing a practical task.
In order to pass the test, you must give at least 26 correct answers of the total 40, and thus obtain 13 points.
Time assigned: 45 minutes plus 5 minutes for handing out and check.
After taking the written test, students sign in to the oral exam with teachers of the Department of Languages and Cultural Studies through rosters in the classroom. The date of the exam must be observed or, as the case may be, a change must be agreed on with the examiner in advance. The oral part consists of a 7 - 10 minute's interview per candidate, i.e. six students per hour. In order to pass the exam, you must get at least 7 points out of 10.
Discarded materials in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian that are not going to be used in testing are available on the University website here.
In case you cannot participate in the written test on the set date (only serious reasons accepted) you must excuse yourself in writing (e-mail is sufficient) at email@example.com and the foreign relations officer of your faculty at the latest two days before the test. A later apology shall be disregarded and the application shall be excluded. Please enter into the Subject line: "OMLUVENKA JT". You will be scheduled for an alternative date.
Selection procedure results
The results of the selection procedure shall be published by the faculty international relations officers in the method usual at the faculty concerned.