Bilateral mobilities - study stays
Bilateral mobilities allow students to go outside the EU. The study period is organized solely pursuant to valid bilateral agreements concluded between MENDELU and an institution abroad.
- On the basis of a bilateral agreement between MENDELU and a partner institution abroad - the student participating in a study period abroad through a bilateral agreement is exempt from paying tuition at the partner university. The student will also get a financial support from MENDELU. Useful information about the universities can be found in final reports from mobilities in UIS (Public information portal → Further information about MENDELU → Study information - Reports about the abroad placements). Especially for Czech students, a group of volunteers has created a brochure about the students life at American universities.
- Freemover - In case the student leaves abroad under the "freemover" status, a bilateral agreement need not be signed between the sending and the receiving institutions. The student may organize the study abroad individually as a private activity, in which case the International Relations Office shall not provide any logistic or administrative support to the student. The freemoving student must arrange the approval of both the receiving and the sending university.
- The competition is open to the students who are enrolled in an accredited Bachelor and Master study in the regular or combined programme and have finished at least the first year of study at MENDELU (the student may be in any year of study; however, advanced students are preferred). The student with a citizenship of another state, who is interested in a study stay in the country of his/her origin, may participate in the mobility; however, it shall be assigned the lowest priority.
- The minimal duration of the study period is 30 days; the maximum length is 12 months, the time spent by travel is not included. The sum of all mobilities in the programme shall not exceed 12 months days during one study cycle.
- The monthly scholarship counts CZK15,000 regardless the destination.
- The student must complete at least 3 specialized subjects.
- The monthly scholarship counts CK15,000 for bachelor and master´s students regardless the destination.
- After the 1st month the amount of the scholarship is calculated as follows:
1 - 7 days…………… CZK 0
8 - 20 days…………. ½ scholarship, i.e. CZK 7,500
21 - 30 days………... CZK 15,000
Example: Period of stay 1 month 6 days - amount of scholarship granted CZK 15 000, period of stay 1 month 14 days - amount of scholarship granted CZK 22 500, period of stay 1 month 29 days - amount of scholarship granted CZK 30 000.
- The scholarship is paid out in Czech crowns pursuant to the Grant Agreement. Any costs exceeding this amount shall be borne by the student. The student can also search for offers of government scholarships in the selected country.
- Allowance of the travel costs, to the place of the mobility and back, is also possible. The allowance will be reimbursed upon submission of thand the original boarding passes/bus/train tickets after successful completion of the mobility. The travel documents submitted must indicate in particular the travel dates, the name of the passenger and the price paid. The application together with the travel documents should be handed to International Relations Office till 30.11.
- The amount of the scholarship to be granted is subject to the fulfillment of the conditions specified in the financial agreement and depends also on the decision of the Vice-Rector for International and Public Affairs.
- If any of the above conditions are not met, a refund may be required.
The selection procedure is announced by the Department of International Relations and Internationalization (IRO) at the beginning of each academic year for the next year. Students are informed about the opening of the call by a bulk e-mail. The first round of the selection procedure is organized by the faculty, the final selection is made by the Rectorate. The student submits the application at the International Relations Office of his/her faculty:
- Application form with the confirmation by the faculty
- Motivation letter in the language of instruction
- Learning Agreement Proposal
- Proof of language proficiency (compulsory for FBE students, others optionally) - international certificate, state language examination, study in English, results of the MENDELU language test etc. If the student passed a language test e.g. in the Erasmus+ programme, its result may be acknowledged upon the student’s request; however, this result may not be older than 3 years. Students from FBE who have no proof of language proficiency will take the language test at the faculty
The student may file up to three applications to different universities, which must be listed in the order of preference. Please choose the university only after you have become acquainted with its offer of study courses. Otherwise, you may find out too late that the university concerned has no courses in the language you prefer or its offer has no reference to your subject of study!
Main criteria decisive for the selection of students are:
- grade point average
- level of language skills
- choice of the university
- student’s motivation for study at the university chosen.
|17.8. - 18.9.||deadline for submition of application at the Faculty internatonal office|
|28. 9. – 8. 10.||language test|
|12.10||annoucement of results, nominations|
|1 month before departure||signing the Financial Agreement|
The success in the selection procedure at MENDELU does not automatically mean that the student is accepted by the university of his/her choice! Unsuccessful applicants shall be put on the standby list and may be addressed with an offer of study abroad later.
After the announcement of the selection procedureresults the list of nominated students shall be sent to the universities abroad by the IRO coordinator, from whom the student shall receive an e-mail confirming the dispatch of nomination.
After the nomination, the student should receive an e-mail from the university abroad, confirming receipt of the nomination, which does not necessarily mean admission of the student to study (there are usually additional administrative formalities in line with the instructions of the university abroad).
The nomination of the student is binding. In the event that the student needs to cancel the mobility for serious reasons, he/she must inform the faculty, IRO and send an e-mail apology to the coordinator abroad.
- The university abroad may request from the student Letter of Award and/or Nomination Confirmation. Both documents are issued by the IRO at rector´s office.
- Learning Agreement - the student must discuss the content of study with his/her home faculty, so that the study abroad may be fully recognized. Faculty of Business and Economics requires its own Learning Agreement form (to be downloaded here).
- Letter of Acceptance from the receiving institution with dates of beginning and end of the study at the university abroad.
- Enter the Travel Proposal into the UIS (eAgenda - Trips abroad; please consult the faculty - instructions in English can be downloaded here).
- Insurance for the period abroad (including travel). The student is obliged to buy insurance for the entire stay abroad (including the days spent travelling from and back to the Czech Republic) under the general agreement of Mendel University prior to departure in accordance with Directive No. 4/2006, on provision of travel expense reimbursement and assignment of business trips abroad (all information is available here). Based on your travel proposal you can pay insurance online: students´s portal, financing of your study.
- Check/enter your bank account number in CZK into the UIS.
In case the student is accepted by the foreign university, he/she shall sign the Financial Agreement at the IRO prior to the departure, in which MENDELU undertakes to pay the awarded amount of scholarship. Before signing the Financial Agreement and payment of the scholarship, the student shall arrange an appointment at the IRO 2 to 3 weeks before departure and fulfill the following requirements:
- Deliver the following documents:
- Insurance payment confirmation - can be downloaded in pdf from UIS
- Learning Agreement
- Letter of Acceptance
- Check whether the mobility has been entered into the UIS. The study stay abroad is entered by the International Relations Office of the relevant faculty (based on Acceptance Letter)
- Upload Letter of Acceptance, Learning Agreement and Insurance payment confirmation into a checklist in the UIS
In case the student finds out upon arrival that subjects approved by the home faculty in the Learning Agreement cannot be studied in full at the partner university (absence of the subjects at the host university or another reason on part of the recipient institution), he/she must immediately contact the International Relations Office of the relevant faculty and to send proposal of Changes to Learning Agreement with newly enrolled courses.
Upon the return from abroad, the student is obliged to:
- submit to the IRO Confirmation of study stay period from the partner university with dates of beginning and end of the study abroad. Original goes to the university IRO, copy to the Faculty.
- submit to the IRO Transcript of Records - subjects completed and exams passed (should correspond to the Learning Agreement or Changes to Learning Agreement). Original goes to the Faculty, copy to the universityIRO.
- fill in a Final Report in the UIS and upload missing documents into the checklist.
Should the student fail to complete the study, to pass the prescribed number of exams or to meet other terms set out in the Financial Agreement, MENDELU may claim the refund of a part or the whole scholarship.
- Application for reimbursement of travel expenses after return from mobility
- What is it like to study at american universities - brochure
Programme at MENDELU is run by IRO REC.
Phone: +420 545 135 150
Office: N2080 (building A, 1st floor on the left)