Before your stay


When is the deadline for applying to be an exchange student?

  • for winter (autumn) semester: 15 June/ 15 May for non EU

  • for summer (spring) semester: 15 November/ 31 October for non EU


When does the semester start and when is the examination period?

Harmonogram of academic year can be found in Current info.


Who is the contact and responsible person at Mendel University in Brno? 

Both contact and responsible person is:

Liliana Podškubková, erasmus-incoming@mendelu.cz


When do I get my Learning Agreement (LA) confirmed?

It may take few days or few weeks since you or your coordinator sent it to us. Each Online learning agreement has to be confirmed by all three sides. Once it is approved, it is sent to you by e-mail along with Letter of Acceptance and other documents.


I want to register some sports. Are they for free?

Information on how to register sports can be found here.

Every student can register up to 2 sports during his/her study cycle for free. Additional sport activities have to be paid.


I am an incoming exchange student who needs to apply for long-term visa or long-term residence permit. What documents do I need and how can I get them?

The most important documents for you are Letter of Acceptance and Doklad o zajištění ubytování (Accommodation confirmation). These documents will be sent to you via post service along with confirmed Learning Agreement.

For arranging the Accommodation confirmation, it is necessary for you to book the accommodation and tell us where you will be staying. We strongly recommend you to book an accommodation at our halls of residence and eventually change the place of your stay after your arrival. If you choose a private flat, we can't give you the confirmation, it is on the accommodation provider then.

We can send to you Accommodation confirmation only if you will book a room. 


I will arrive later. Is it a problem?

It is usually accepted by faculties if you arrive after the beginning of semester (e.g. because you were waiting for your visa). But you may be asked to cancel some of your courses and make some changes in your LA.


How can I get a room at MENDELU Halls of Residence?

The process of booking an accommodation is described here.


During your stay


I am a student with long-term visa or long-term residency permit obligation. What do I need to do after my arrival?

Student with a long-term visa: If you are staying at our halls of residence, you do not need to register at the Foreign Police, the registration will be made by the halls of residence. If you are staying in a private accommodation, you need to register at the Foreign Police within working days after your arrival.

Student with a long-term stay: If you are staying either at our halls of residence or in a private accommodation, you need to register at the Ministry for the Interior (Department of Asylum and Migration Policy) within 3 working days after your arrival.

See more information and addresses here.


I want to change a room or a dormitory.

First of all, go to the accommodation office at your dormitory and ask for a change. They should allow you the change if they have free capacity. Do not ask us at the International Office, we cannot do anything with your accommodation.

If you are a student with long-term visa or long-term residency permit, you need to go and announce the change of your stay to the Ministry for the Interior (Department of Asylum and Migration Policy). Take your accommodation contract and your passport with you.

Find the address of the Ministry for the Interior here.


I want/need to change my LA.

If you need to change your Learning agreement, please log in to your profile at webpage https://www.learning-agreement.eu/student/home/login.php and fill in "Changes of Learning agreement"


What shall I do before my departure?

Stop by at the International Office to pick up a Transcript of Records (document with marks) and a Confirmation of the study period.

Please note that the documents must not be given to you more than one week before your departure!

Check also in advance if you have all marks in the system. If not, contact your teacher and ask him/her to add them. Even if you have failed or have not finished a subject, there must be either F (Failed) or any other mark in the system. Transcript of Records will not be given to you if some of the marks are missing.


How do I pay for meals in a university canteen?

Go to the canteen/menza, choose your meal, go to the cash desk and put an optional amount on your ISIC or chip you received at the dormitories. The amount has to be at least 100 CZK. If you do not have enought money for next meal, you are asked to charge.

You can also charge money online through https://webiskam.mendelu.cz/.